Lesson for September 10, 2022
As Christ’s disciples, we are called to labor in His service, follow in His footsteps and forsake the world. But He does not ask us to endure hardship to no end. There is a glorious prize to be won through faithful Stewardship, and whatever suffering we endure in this life will be more than compensated in the next.
Scripture Reading: Matthew 19:16-30.
Memory Verse: Revelation 21:4.
- When Jesus Christ commenced His earthly missionary work, how many men did He choose to assist Him? Luke 6:13
- What did he present and expound to them concerning conditions of service? Luke 9:23, 24, 25-26; 14:25-27, 33, 12:33.
- Did they accept the conditions of Jesus? Luke 5:11, 27, 28; Matt. 4:18-22.
- Did they all accept unanimously? John 6:60, 66.
- What question did Peter ask Christ? Matt. 19:27.
- What was Jesus’ response? Vs. 28-30.
- If we suffer with Him, shall we also reign with Him? 2 Tim. 2:12.
- Is the human mind able to comprehend what God has in store for those who love Him? Isa. 64:4; 1 Cor. 2:9.
- What promises are made to the living and the dead in Christ? 1 Cor. 15:50-53; Isa. 26:19.