Lesson for September 17, 2022
DECEPTIVE TEACHINGS OF THE LAST DAYS
Scripture Reading: 1 Cor. 3rd Chapter.
Memory Verse: Rom. 16:17.
- Is there danger of being deceived? Col. 2:8; 1 John 4: 1
- What will become of those who follow the teachings of man? Col. 2:20-22.
- Did the disciples understand the gospel or mission of Christ at first? Luke 9:51-56.
- Even after Pentecost, how did Peter fail in leading the Church? Gal. 2:11-13.
- In what way are people most easily deceived? 2 Peter 2:1-3.
- What unfavorable condition developed at Corinth that could have been the result of deception? I Cor. 1:11-13.
- What were some converts trying to bring into the church in the time of Paul? Gal. 4:8-11; Acts 15:5.
- With what strong words did Paul withstand these teachings? Acts 15:10.
- What present-day trend hindered even the early church? 3 John 9, 10.
- How did John warn the Christians about deceivers in his day? 2 John 6, 7.
- What must a Christian do in order to know the truth and not be deceived? 1 John 4:1
Note. — Those who are willingly deceived may be divided into two classes; those who love the tradition of men so well that they refuse to consider evidence from the Bible, God’s Holy Word, which may disturb their present thought, and those who are not interested enough in the truth to study for themselves.
- How did Jesus warn about deceivers in these last days? St. Matt. 24:4, 5, 11, 24.
- How are we to try the spirits? Isa. 8:20.
- On what foundation must we build in order to be certain we will not be deceived. Eph. 2:20, 21.
- What unwillingness will some Priests (Ministers) show towards accepting the truth of God Holy Word? Ez. 22:26.