Lesson for September 24, 2022
Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 6.
Memory Verse: 1 Timothy 6:11.
- What is the theme of Paul’s preaching relative to riches, in Ephesians 3:8 and what warning is given in 1 Timothy 6:17-19?
- What is the real condition of many who are poor in worldly possessions and others who are rich? Revelation 2:9, 3:15-17.
- In order to partake of the unsearchable riches, what instruction is further given in Revelation 3:18?
- Who stands at the door, always ready to help us? Revelation 3:20.
- If we through His presence and help are successful in overcoming the world and its attractions, what promise does Jesus make in this connection? Revelation 3:21.
- Although Jesus himself was so poor that He had nowhere to lay His head, does He possess the power of conferring real wealth upon others, and has He not done so? 2 Corinthians 6:10.
- What warning is given of covetousness and does a man’s life really consist of the things which he possesses? Luke 12:15.
- What is said of the person who lays up earthly treasures and is not rich toward God? Luke 12:16-21.
Note: Christ does not condemn earthly treasures so long as that person is rich toward God and is dividing with Him that portion required, and in so doing is helping those in need.
- Should the Lord’s faithful people refrain from liberally assisting the cause with their finances for fear that they may come to want and suffer? Luke 12:22-30.
- How can we transfer earthly treasures into heaven’s vaults? Luke 12:31,33,34.
- What is said about our lights burning and us being ready to meet the Lord when He comes? Luke 12;35,36.
Note: Jesus said He had chosen the poor of this world, rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, and so we find His words true until this day. The poor are the people who always more quickly accept the gospel message in all fields of labor.