Lesson for September 14, 2019.
THE VICTORIOUS LIFE
Note: Many say that perfection is too high a standard to reach, that it is impossible to attain. There are, however, many examples in the Bible of people who lived according to the will of God. In Christ Jesus all is possible. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me,” was the testimony of one who walked with God. Philippians 4:13. The victorious life comes as a result of constant resistance to the temptations of the devil. Christ met every temptation with a Scriptural answer in His resistance to Satan in the wilderness. Following His example we should be guided by Biblical standards in our wresting against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Scripture Reading: Philippians 1:1-20.
Memory Verses: Romans 6:1-4.
- What is expected of us in this wicked world? Titus 2:11,12
- How is this possible? 1 John 5:5-7.
- What men stand out as great examples of the victorious life? Hebrews 11:5; Luke 1:5,6.
- What step is necessary in our hearts? 1 Peter 3:15.
- When we resist the devil, of what are we assured? James 4:7,8.
- How often must our spiritual man be renewed? 2 Corinthians 4:16.
- What lesson must we first learn? Isaiah 40:31.
- After whose image must we be renewed? Col. 3:10.
- In following Christ whose will must we seek? John 5:30.
- What is one test of the Christian so noticeable to all? 1 John 2:15-17.
- Since Titus 3:5 is true, of what should we be careful? 1 John 2:28.
- To live a victorious life what steps are necessary? Philippians 1:9-11.