Lesson for September 21, 2019.
THE BUILDING OF GOD
Scripture Reading: 1 Cor. 3.
Memory Verse: 1 Cor. 3:9.
- Unto what does the Apostle Paul liken the people of God? 1 Cor. 3:9.
- Of what does the foundation of this building consist? Eph, 2:19, 20.
- What important place does Jesus occupy in this building? Eph. 2:20, last part; Isa. 28:16.
- Upon what does this foundation rest? Matthew 16:13-18.
- Who is this solid Rock? Deut. 32:1-4; Psa. 92:15; 94:22.
- Can we be sure that this foundation will stand? 2 Tim. 2:19.
Note. — In all buildings there must of necessity be a foundation and a place upon which it rests. In this building of God we have Jesus, the Apostles, and the prophets for the foundation, who are laid upon God, the solid Rock.
- What place do the followers of Messiah occupy in this building? 1 Peter 2:5; Eph. 2:22.
- When this building is finished what is it then called? Eph. 2:21.
Note. — This building which represents the Church is the place where God through His Holy Spirit dwells, John 17:21-23.
- In order for God to dwell in this building in what condition must it be? 11 Cor. 6:14-18.
- What is the condition of each true stone in this building? 1 Peter 2:5.
- How can we remain part of this building? Heb. 3:5, 6.
Leave A Comment