Lesson for January 12, 2019
REMOVE NOT THE ANCIENT LANDMARKS
The “ancient landmarks” depicts the old faith which was delivered unto the Saints — (Jude 3). The foundation was laid by the Apostles and Prophets, the foundation stone being Jesus Christ. To be against Jesus means to be against His life and His teachings.
It should be explicitly known to everyone that the church of God — God’s family on earth — does not have a “closed and stamped creed”. Since God is an Omniscient Being, His knowledge and wisdom is worldwide and unconfined. It is revealed and magnified in the hearts of true Christians, from age to age and from generation to generation.
Scripture Reading: 2nd John.
Memory Verse: Prov. 22:28.
- Upon what is the Christian’s foundation built? Eph. 2:20.
- Should this originally-laid foundation be remodeled and renovated? 1 Cor. 3:10-15.
- What are some of the given conditions by which this foundation was laid? Rev. 14:12, 12:17; Luke 9:23-26.
- How was Moses cautioned concerning the building of God’s Tabernacle? Ex. 25:8-9, 40; Heb. 8:5.
- What will be the conditions of Christians if the ancient landmarks are destroyed? Ps. 11:3, 82:5.
- What are Christians admonished to earnestly contend for? Jude 3.
- What is prophesied concerning some Christians departing from the true faith? 1Tim. 4:1-3.
- What are those false teachers likened to? Should one keep company with them? 1 Tim. 6:3-5; 2 John 9-11.
- How can one detect a false Christian or anti-christ? Luke 9:49-50; John 7:17; 1 John 4:1-3.
- During the days of the early Christians, how did certain men endeavor to destroy the ancient landmarks? Acts. 15:1,5.
- When the wise elders of the church investigated the truth about the matter, what did they do? Vs. 2, 4, 6.
- In the emergency meeting held, what resolution did they undertake? Vs. 23-29.
- What is Paul’s counsel to the remnant people who are earnestly contending for the old faith delivered unto the saints? 1 Cor. 1:10.
- Why was Titus left in Crete? Titus 1:5.
- What is the fate of those who deliberately digress from the teachings of the Gospel? Gal. 1:6-9; Rom. 16:17-18; 2 Thess. 3:6.