Lesson for April 27, 2019
THE REAFFIRMED ABRAHAMIC COVENANT
Scripture reading: Genesis 49th Chapter.
Memory verse: Genesis 49:10.
- With whom did the Lord originally make His covenant reestablished? Genesis 17:10.
- Of Abram’s several sons, with which one was the covenant reestablished? Genesis 26:24.
- Whom did Isaac worship? Genesis 26:25.
- With what words did the Lord reaffirm His Abrahamic covenant unto Isaac? Genesis 26:3, 4.
- Why did God reaffirm the covenant unto Isaac? Genesis 26:5.
- Isaac had two sons, which one was the seed of promise? Romans 9:10-14.
- With what words did the Lord reaffirm the covenant with Jacob? Genesis 28:13-15; 35:9-12.
- How many sons were born unto Jacob? Genesis 35:22.
- Jacobs blessings upon his twelve sons were concerning events of what time period? Genesis 49:1.
Note. – The promises transferred from Abram, to Isaac, to Jacob, are here divided among the twelve sons, with Judah and Joseph receiving the chief promises.
- The Law giver and ruler (King) was to come from which tribe? Genesis 49:9, 10.
- What are the specific promises in the Abrahamic covenant? 22:17, 18.