Lesson for April 28, 2018.
THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT
Scripture reading: Matthew 19:1-18.
Memory verse: Exodus 20:14.
- What reply did Jesus give when a man asked Him how he might gain eternal life? Matt. 19:16-17.
- Did Jesus make it plain to him that He was referring to the holy Ten Commandments, which were written by the finger of God, upon two tables of stone? Matt. 19:18-19.
- Which one of the holy Ten Commandments did the Pharisees mock? Matt. 19:3.
- What was Jesus’ reply? Matt. 19:4-6.
- When a man or women divorces and remarries, what sin is he or she committing? Mark 10:11-12; Luke 16:18.
- What instruction did the wise man, Solomon, give concerning this gross sin? Prov. 6:32.
- How long is a marriage to continue, and when may either party remarry? 1 Cor. 7:10-11, 39; Rom. 7:2.
- If anyone who knows the truth concerning divorce and remarriage goes and commits this gross sin, what is he to be referred to as? Rom. 7:1-3.
- When a man and woman have entered into a marriage agreement, who witnesses this covenant? Mal. 2:14-16.
- May a man who has been involved in any way in these unfortunate circumstances be a preacher or hold an office in the Church of God? 1 Tim. 3:2; Titus 1:5-6.
- Whom will the Lord our God judge? Heb. 13:4, last part.
- What class of people will not inherit life eternal? 1 Cor. 6:9-10.
Note. — Divorce and remarriage is one of the gross sins which is mounting by leaps and bounds, just as Jesus said that it would at the time of the end. Although the law of the land allows it, yet it is sin in the sight of Almighty God. All sinners shall be cast into the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone. We need to be careful and teach the truth, not only on this vital subject, but as Paul said: “I have not shunned to declare unto you the whole counsel of God” — Acts 20:27.