Lesson for November 21, 2020
PROMISE TO THE HUMBLE
Scripture reading: 1 Peter 5:1-11.
Memory verse: 1 Peter 5:6.
- What wise admonition did Peter give? 1 Peter 5:5.
- What command and accompanying promise did Peter also give? Verse 6.
- How can we prove that we are worthy of being called by Him? Eph. 5:1, 2.
- What gift which is necessary to salvation does God give to the humble? Prov. 3:34; James 4:6.
- With whom does He promise to dwell and to revive? Isa. 57:15.
- What are the contrasting results of those who humble, themselves and of those who exalt themselves? Matt 23:12; Prov. 29:23.
- What in Proverbs 15:33 is borne out in Esther 7:9, 10, 9:1-5?
- Do temporal blessings accompany humility? Prov. 23:4, 5.
- Why would Christ not receive the honour of men while he was on earth? John 5:40-44.
- Through what means has the Saviour attained greater honour? Phil. 2:7-11.
- Why did He take upon Himself such a humble state of poverty? 2 Cor. 8:9.
- Where are our treasures to be stored? Matt. 6:20, 21.