Lesson for October 5, 2019
THE FALL OF MAN
Scripture reading: Isa 59:1-20.
Memory Verse: 1 Cor. 6:9.
- What is the definition of sin? 1 John 3:4; James 4:17.
- What sin caused man to fall from his perfect estate? Gen 3:1-7.
Note. The first Commandment broken was the first sin. And the Lord God commanded the man saying: of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest therefore thou shalt die.
- What became the extent and depravity of sinful man? Eph 2:3; Ps. 51:5; Job 25:4-6.
- Did the fall of man cause the entire universe to be depraved? Rom 3:9-12; 1 John 5:19; Isa 64:6.
- How was sin discovered by the law? Rom 2:12-15; John 8:9;15:22.
- Are sins justified by the law of God? Rom 3:20, 7:7.
Note. The punishment of sin is death. “For the wages of sin is death.” Death has passed upon every individual as the ultimate end for sins committed.
- What is the outcome of the fallen man’s life? Psa 119:115; Jer 8:20; 1 Cor 6:9.
- The fallen man’s understanding becomes darkened (Rom. 1:28), his conscience is seared ( 1 Tim. 4:2, Titus 1:15); he will be enslaved (Jer 13:23;2 Tim 3:13); he will be in constant fear ( Job 18:11-15).
Note. All these calamity comes from the transgression of the Commandments of God. God cannot change his Word. He said the day thou eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil thou shalt surely die.– Isa 43:27, 28.
Leave A Comment