Lesson for September 1, 2018
THE SECRET OF GOD’S POWER
Scripture reading: Acts 2:1-33.
Memory verse: Acts 2:46-47.
- After Christ was resurrected and before He ascended to heaven, for what did He tell His disciples to wait? Acts 1:4.
- What was this promise that He said they would receive? Verse 5.
- With what were the disciples filled when the promise of the Heavenly Father came upon them? Acts 2:4.
- As a result of the Almighty power through the Holy Ghost, what wonderful thing happened? Acts 2:41.
- In what condition were the disciples of Christ when Pentecost came and the Holy Spirit was given? Acts 2:1.
- Did they cause division and separation from each other at this time? Verses 42-46.
- What other wonderful works were performed? Acts 3:1-8.
- What effect did the miracles which were performed, and the preaching of the apostles, have upon those who witnessed them? Acts 4:4.
- After the apostles had been persecuted and threatened by the elders and chief priests, what did they do? Acts 4:33.
- What did the whole company do? Verses 24-30.
- What was the result of their united prayer? V. 31.
- What is said of the condition of the multitude at this time? Verse 32.
- What was the result of this oneness of accord? Verse 33.
Note. When the Holy Spirit power from heaven fell upon the people they were all of one accord. Acts 2:1. Because miracles were performed and mighty works were done through some of the apostles, the others did not become jealous and cause division, but they still remained with one accord. — Acts 2:46, 4:24, 32. Unity and oneness among the children of God is one of the secrets of His power.